Saturday, September 6, 2008

getting past google

From reading this article and thinking about the class discussion this past Wednesday it really made think that today's my space ,facebook , and just plain web browsing society has to really be aware of we are putting out there. Like I stated in the previous blog any thing we but out there can be viewed by all kinds of crazy weird people. From listening to the class discussion and even being shocked about viewing my resume online. It made me thing about what other research options do we have and will there be any type of education of how to break apart certain sources like articles and web pages. From reading the article I kind of found an answer to my question. The article had mentioned that the student has to be educated on the proper places to find research info and they most also so know how to evaluate the source. The question that I have is will there be classes or seminars offered to teach the student how to break apart through certain info when there own the web.

1 comment:

VCUGlamourGirl said...

You are absolutely right. There are crazy weird people out there that will look at your stuff and do only God knows what with it! I was surprised that your resume showed up on Google. Thats really crazy...I mean its good that employers can find it but what about everyone else? Some lunatic could get your address, phone number, and current job if you have it on there. Doing resumes online has its disadvantages, but I never thought it would have THAT disadvantage! So when I randomly knock on your door and ask you what was the journal assignment...dont be surprised as to how I go your address!! LOL!!!! j/k

- Chavon